STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is one among the most bought after study destination for international students, Australia is a dynamic and technologically vibrant country that offers good educational and career life to the students from all over the world. Every year students from different parts of the world visit this country in large numbers to avail themselves of the educational opportunities here. The main reason behind this is that it offers the best educational system along with a challenging english-speaking environment. Having some of the world's top universities like The University Of Queensland and the University of Sydney as its assets, the country offers best educational environment for the international students.
WHY STUDY IN AUSTRALIA ?
- Australia is the world's 13th largest economy and has the world's 5th highest per capital income.
- 3rd most popular destination in the world for international students.
- 8 out of 100 top universities in the world are Australian universities.
- 9 out of 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia.
- $200 million annual government investment on international scholarships.
- 2,500,000 international alumni of Australian institutions are making difference around the world.
- Almost one in four Australians was born overseas.
- The Human Development Index of the UN Human Development Report 2011 ranked Australia second in the world.
- The Economist Intelligence unit's 2014 world's most Livable cities survey ranked Melbourne No. 1 in the world's most livable city.
Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students, with more than 1,200 institutions and over 22,000 courses to choose from. Regardless of what you are studying or how long for, Australia's law promotes quality education and protection of international students. As an interntaional student on a student visa, you must study withan institution and in a course that is registered with the Commonwealth Register Of Institutions And Courses For Overseas Students (CRICOS). CRICOS registration guarantees that the course and the institution at which you study meet the high standards expected by international students. So no matter what course you want to study for, how long or where, you can be assured that in Australia you will have a high quality and rewarding study experience.
Study in Australia is not easy, you have to meet certain requirements to study in Australian university/college. To begin studying in Australia, there are a range of entry requirements you must have to meet.
English Language Requirements
You have to provide results of an English language test, Be aware that the English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the level of skill required for your student visa application, English language test like International English Language Testing system (IELTS), Test Of English As a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Person Language Test (PTE), and Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) are acceptable in Australia.
The academic requirement (including evidence of english language skills) you need to study in Australia will vary depending on the level of education you want to study. Institutions can have different entry requirements, so you can visit contact 01-4426311 for advice.
Here is some general guidance on entry requirements for the different levels study.
* English Language: Entry requirements vary between institutions and according to the level of study and course you want to study..
* Higher Education Undergraduate: To gain entry into an Australian undergraduate course you must have completed your 10+2 with at least 55%. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific pre-requisite subjects.
* Higher Education Postgraduate: As well as the satisfactory completion of at least one degree at undergraduate level (preferably 4 years), Australian institution may take reserch ability or relevant work experience into consideration.
To meet the academic requirements of an Australian high school qualification,consider taking a foundation course. Also called bridging study (Diploma/Adv. Diploma), they are intensive courses that will help you meet the entry rquirements. They are usually one year long and are offered by most higher education institutions in Australia.
The student visa you need depends on your chosen course of study. As a guide, the typical key requirements you will need to meet are:-
- Issued an electronic Confiremation of Enrollment(eCOE) certificate.
- Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirements.
- Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
- English language proficiency.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Overseas Students Health Cover
Australia has a special system of health cover for international students called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It will help you pay for medical or hospital care you may need while you're studying in Australia, it will also contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines and an ambulance in an emergency. When studying in Australia, you will need OSHC for yourself, and any family travelling with you, before you arrive. It is requirement of your student visa that you maintain OSHC for the duration of your time on a student visa in Australia.
Work while you study
Working while you study in Australia can help complement your study and living experience. There are a number of reasons you might want to undertake part time work while studying in Australia, including assisting with living expenses and gaining work experience in your study area.
International students who was to study in Australia first need to be accepted into an Australion educational institution before applying for a student visa. When applying for a visa, students will need to supply confirmation of enrollment issued by the Australian educational institution which the student intends to attend, as part of their application. This serves as proof that the student is really staying in Australia for educational purpose.
Most student visas allow you to work for up to 40 hours every two weeks while your course is in session, and unrestricted hours during any scheduled course break, but before you undertake any paid work you need to make sure your visa allowa you to work.
There are plenty of ways to find work that suits you, including:
> Newspapers and online job sites.
> Some institutions provide job notice-boards on campus and online. Contact yur institution's international student support staff to find out what options your institution offers.
> Register your details at a recruitment firm; many of them help place people in causual or short-term work.
Studying in Australia is a wonderful experience with its exciting, progressive and diverse education program, An Australian degree program surely is recognized as an outstanding all over the world. The four-year degree, professional and higher world. The four-year degree, professional and higher doctoral program are recognized as world- class program.quality assurance given in the educational system of Australia is matchless and studying in Australia is safe and certainly leads you to the best world-class carrer opportunities. As Australia has ties with many word-class universities, collegees and schools, exchange program for students are encouraged within rules and norms. Tremendous educational options with quality assurance are the ultimate reasons for international students to prefer Australia as their study destination.